3DXFLEX™ TPE 3D Filament made using Arkema PEBAX®
3DXFLEX™ TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) is an engineering-grade material made using Arkema PEBAX® polyether block polyamide. PEBAX® TPE is widely used in sporting (running shoes) goods because of its excellent durability, resilience, energy return, and fatigue resistance.
Benefits of 3DXFLEX™ TPE Filament:
- Hardness: 92A
- High elongation (>500%)
- Light weight (density of 1.0 g/cc)
- Energy absorbing (think running shoes!)
- Ease of printing
- Excellent layer bonding
- Bonds great to other plastics
- Very low odor while printing
- Retains flexibility even at low temperatures
- Styrene and BPA Free
Filament Diameter Specs:
- 1.75mm +/- 0.05mm
- 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 220-230°C
- Bed Temp: 85-95°C
- Cooling Fan: 50%
- Bed Prep: Hairspray or Glue Stick on clean glass
- Print Speed: This grade of flex prints fairly fast for an elastomer and can achieve nice parts as fast as 70mm/s or faster.
- Experience Level: Moderate to Advanced. Printing with elastomers is a bit more complicated than hard plastics and generally requires more experience and an extruder purposefully built or modified to handle flexible filaments.
PEBAX® is a registered trademark of Arkema