3DXPro™ Low-Gloss PETG Filament (More Stock Coming Soon!)
3DXPro™ Low-Gloss PETG is a specialty grade of PETG that offers a low-gloss, high-tech look. The low-gloss helps hide the layer lines and offers a more "technical look" to the parts as compared to higher gloss filaments. We love printing with PETG, but sometimes we don't want the part to look like a shiny toy. Our low-gloss PETG is perfect for applications that require the performance of PETG, but a more sophisticated fit and finish.
Please Note: Our Low-Gloss PETG prints much differently than standard PETG. Please make sure to review the print settings below before printing with this filament.
Benefits of 3DXMAX® Low-Gloss PETG include:
- Low-gloss sheen - excellent finish
- Superior Chemical Resistance vs. ABS
- BPA Free
- Amorphous: Low shrink and warp
- Low moisture absorption: 3X lower vs. ABS
- Very low odor emitted during printing
Military Inspired Tactical Colors
- Matte Black
- Arctic White
- Light Sand
- Flat Dark Earth
- Battleship Grey
- Blaze Orange (Pretty Ridiculous Ultra Super Awesome Orange) PRUSA Orange
General Print Recommendations:
- Extruder Temp: Low Gloss PETG does NOT printer the same as standard PETG. Ideal extruder temp is 260 to 280°C, or higher depending on your printer / thermocouple set-up - some users report requiring temps up to 290°C to obtain optimal layer bonding. The low-gloss additive in this material requires a higher extruder temp to achieve good layer bonding than you usually use for standard PETG. You may need to increase nozzle temps by 20°C or higher than standard PETG settings if you have layer bonding issues.
- Platform Temp: 60 - 80°C
- Platform Prep: Clean glass w/ Kapton Tape, PVA-based glue, or hairspray
- Support: Our Aquatek water soluble support works great to create complex parts. This support can be found HERE.
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament, HERE.