3DXNano™ ESD-Safe PETG 3D FILAMENT
Target surface resistance: 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm
3DXSTAT™ ESD PETG is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and a high level of cleanliness. Manufactured with consistency in mind - 3DXTech starts with premium PETG resin and then compounded according to a proprietary formulation of carbon additives and process / dispersion modifiers - giving you a filament with excellent printing characteristics and consistent ESD properties.
Benefits of 3DXSTAT™ ESD-PETG include:
- Superior Chemical Resistance vs. ABS
- Amorphous: Low and near isotropic shrinkage
- Low moisture absorption: 3X lower vs. ABS
- Very low odor emitted during printing
- Superior ductility vs. ABS
- Wide processing range: 230 - 260°C
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
Chemical Resistance: Unstressed tensile bars molded of PETG exhibit good resistance to dilute aqueous solutions of mineral acids, bases, salts, and soaps, and to aliphatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, and a variety of oils. Halogenated hydrocarbons, short chain length ketones, and aromatic hydrocarbons dissolve or swell the plastic.
Typical applications include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing applications
Target conductivity for 3DXSTAT™ ESD PETG:
- 10^7 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how this filament works in your specific printer / application. However, please do not exceed 270°C to reduce the risk of polymer degradation.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: Ideally 230 to 260°C
- Platform Temp: 60 to 90°C
- Platform Prep: Clean glass w/ Kapton Tape, PVA-based glue, Hairspray
- Raft: We recommended printing without a raft or using another filament such as ABS or HIPS for easy release. Additionally, we recommend allowing the print to cool before attempting to remove it from the build platform. PETG sticks very well and you may deform the part if you attempt to remove it before the part has completely cooled. We swap out build plates to increase print times.