3DXSTAT™ PVDF ESD-Safe 3D Printing Filament
PVDF [Polyvinylidene fluoride] is a high-performance polymer offers exceptional thermal and chemical resistance for industrial-grade printing. Rated for uses up to 150°C - this filament can be used in demanding applications and under the most extreme conditions. 3DXSTAT™ PVDF is resistant to most chemicals and solvents making it a great fit for applications that will be exposed to harsh environments.
We start with premium Arkema Kynar® PVDF resin and then compound according to a proprietary formulation of specialty carbon additives, giving you a filament with excellent printing characteristics and consistent ESD properties.
Product attributes include:
- High continuous use temperature - up to 150°C
- Excellent resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as automotive fluids (oil, gas, lubricants), fully halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, acids and bases
- Non-hygroscopic - does not absorb moisture - no drying of filament or special storage is needed
- ESD-Safe with a 10^6 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.
- Inherently UV-resistant (H-F bonds are very stable in exterior applications)
- Very good abrasion resistance - similar to Nylon and UHMW-PE for high-wear applications
- Low smoke and flame characteristics (base resin is rated V-0)
- Long-term hydrolytic stability
- Resistant to nuclear radiation
- 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 250-270°C
- Bed Temp: 90 - 110°C
- Bed Prep: PVA-based adhesive, Hairspray, Lightly sanded FR4 or Perf board.
- Other: No or light cooling fan; print speeds of 40-60mm/s as a good starting point
- Safety note: This polymer starts to degrade at temps above 290°C. Please keep your extruder temperature below this point to aviod degredation, offgassing, and mechanical property loss.