AmideX™ Nylon 6 Copolymer
AmideX™ Nylon 6 copolymer has been formulated for superior printability and high-performance. Nylon is the go-to engineering-grade of thermoplastic in the world based on its excellent mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties. We manufacture AmideX™ Nylon filament at our factory in Grand Rapids MI using prime resin and state-of-the-art extrusion equipment.
- Excellent printability
- High Strength: 60 MPa / 8700 PSI Tensile Strength
- Improved chemical resistance vs traditional materials in 3D
- Abrasion / wear resistance
- Thermal properties: Tg = 85°C, Tm = 200°C
Chemical Resistance Chart
Filament Diameter Specs
- 1.75mm, +/- 0.05mm
- 2.85mm, +/- 0.05mm
Recommended Print Conditions
- Extruder: 255-275°C
- Bed Temp: 60-70°C
- Bed Prep: Polyimide (Kapton), PEI (ULTEM™) Sheet, Garolite, BuildTak
- Chamber / Ambient Temp: Not required, but using a 30-80°C printer chamber allows for superior layer bonding & mechanical properties.
- Drying: AmideX™ is made with nylon and as with all nylons, it absorbs more moisture fairly quickly which will result in poor printing. While not in use, we recommend storing AmideX™ in our Mylar pouch HERE. However, if drying is needed (you hear popping noises during printing - generally water boiling off from the resin), then we recommend drying in an oven at 70°C for 4 hours. We use a dedicated oven for this purpose and do not recommend using the family oven!! Try a toaster oven - your family will thank you for not turning dinner into a science experiment.