We designed our Gearbox™ HT2 printer to enable our customers to take advantage of the broadest array of materials on the market - including advanced composite materials such as our CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber grades of materials. The combination of our Gearbox™ HT2 and CarbonX™ CF allows for the printing of production parts, functional prototypes, and large-scale tooling with exceptional dimensional stability, strength, and stiffness.
Our CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber reinforced grades of filament encompass the broadest range of CF materials on the market (HERE). Our customers who use our exotic grades - CF PEKK and CF-PEEK for example - want to take full advantage of these advanced materials but have found there is a limited number of options for an industrial grade printer to mate with these materials. Gearbox™ HT2 was designed to allow our customers to fully utilize these grades by incorporating high-temp extrusion, heated build chamber, industrial mechatronics and controls, and on-board filament drying technology. HT2 is our answer when customers ask which printer we recommend to make CF-PEKK and CF-PEEK parts.
In 2018, Stratasys responded to the growing demand for CF materials by releasing their Fortus 380mc Carbon Fiber Edition (CFE) printer and marketed this machine as their go-to option for making industrial-grade CF parts. Now that we are offering the Gearbox™HT2 printer, we receive a lot of questions from customers asking how our printer compares to the Fortus 380mc Carbon Fiber printer. In an effort to answer these questions, we took a look at the specs and material options available to both systems in order to offer a direct comparison.
Check out the stats below - I think you'll agree that the Gearbox™ HT2 is a far better option, especially if you need the ability to make large industrial-quality parts. Don't accept the limitations of the printer manufacturer telling you which material you can print in a machine that you paid for.
Gearbox™ HT2 Advantages
- HT2 has 5X larger build volume than the Fortus 380mc
- Larger material capacity + larger build volume = larger parts
- Higher Performance materials (PEEK, PEKK, PEI, and more)
- Significantly lower cost materials
- 100's of material options whereas the 380mc CFE offers only 2 materials
Get your HT2 quote HERE
Typical Stratasys Carbon Fiber Nylon Customer
- 1 reel of CF-Nylon per week (92in3 of filament per reel)
- 52 reels per year (approx. 94kg of filament)
- $620 per reel (costing about $6.65/in3)
- $32,240 per year when buying CF-Nylon from Stratasys
- CF-Nylon Pricing from 3DXTECH: $90/kg
- $8,460 Annual cost of CF-Nylon when using our CarbonX™ CF-Nylon in the Gearbox™ HT2 Printer
- $23,780 Annual savings!!!! If you use only 1 reel of Stratasys CF-Nylon per week
Typical Stratasys ABS Customer
- 1 reel of ABS per week (92in3 of filament per reel)
- 52 reels per year (approx. 85kg of filament)
- $360 per reel (costing about $3.90/in3)
- $18,720 per year when buying ABS from Stratasys
- ABS Pricing from 3DXTECH: $30/kg
- $2,550 Annual cost of ABS from 3DXTECH
- $16,170 Annual savings!!!! If you use only 1 reel of Stratasys ABS per week
The future is limitless. The future is Gearbox™ HT2.
Request a Quote for your Gearbox™ HT2