CarbonX™ HTN+CF [High Temperature Nylon]
CarbonX™ CF-HTN is an advanced semi-aromatic polyphthalamide (PPA) reinforced with high-modulus carbon fiber. This polymer is widely used for metal replacement applications that must resist high mechanical loads at elevated temperatures and aggressive chemical environments. HTN has traditionally been a go-to material for demanding applications in automotive, aerospace, oil & gas, electrical, electronics, and industrial markets.
Print CarbonX™ HTN+CF parts with Gearbox™ HT2 High-Temp 3D Printer. Check it out HERE.
CarbonX™ HTN+CF Thermal Properties:
- Heat Deflection Temp (HDT) of 220°C
- Glass Transition (Tg) of 125°C
- Melt Temp (Tm) of 265°C
Product Attributes Include:
- Excellent strength and stiffness over a wide temperature range - up to 220°C [Greater than either Ultem™ 9085 or 1010]
- Very low moisture absorption yielding improved retention of mechanical properties when exposed to humid environments
- Outstanding chemical resistance to alcohols, acids, fuels (auto/jet), oils/lubricants, brake fluid, transmission fluid, antifreeze, and Zn/Ca Chlorides
Matched Support Filament:
- Our AquaTek® X1 Water Soluble Support works great with CarbonX™ CF-HTN and allows you to print parts with complex geometries and then dissolve away the support in warm water. Check it out HERE.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 285-315°C depending on printer
- Bed Temp: 110 - 120°C
- Chamber Temp: 80-120°C. Although not absolutely required, we recommend printing high-performance materials such as our HTN in a printer with a heated chamber.
- Bed Prep: PEI (ULTEM) tape applied to the build plate
- Hardened Nozzle: 0.4mm or larger. We strongly recommend our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles - HERE
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
- Printing Experience: PPA is an expert level material and the user should have a significant amount of experience and is using a high-performance or heavily modified printer.
Solvay Amodel PPA Dupont Zytel HTN DSM Stanyl PA46 EMS Grivory HT