CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Reinforced ABS Filament
CarbonX™ CF-ABS is a high-performance carbon fiber reinforced ABS filament ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, excellent surface quality, dimensional stability, light weight, and ease of printing. Made using 15% High-Modulus Carbon Fiber (not carbon powder or milled carbon fiber). Made in the USA using premium Sabic MG-94 ABS and high modulus carbon fiber.
Print industrial-grade Carbon Fiber ABS parts with Gearbox™ HT2 High-Temp 3D Printer. Check it out HERE.
CarbonX™ CF grades are abrasive and will quickly wear out a brass nozzle. We recommend our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles - HERE
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 220-240°C. CarbonX™ CFR is a filled product and has a higher melt viscosity vs. unfilled resin. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to print at higher temperatures to allow the resin to flow properly.
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Bed Prep: 3DXTech Kapton Tape, ABS/Acetone Slurry
- Nozzle: We currently recommend minimum 0.4mm orifice.
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
- Support Material: We recommend our AquaTek™ water soluble support - HERE
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament, HERE.