CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Reinforced PC/ABS Filament
CarbonX™ CF-PC/ABS is a high-performance carbon fiber reinforced filament made using PC/ABS. This is a low-gloss engineering grade material that is ideal for anyone seeking a structural component with high heat, high stiffness, excellent low-gloss surface quality, and dimensional stability.
Print industrial-grade Carbon Fiber PC/ABS parts with Gearbox™ HT2 High-Temp 3D Printer. Check it out HERE.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 280-300°C
- Bed Temp: 100-120°C
- Bed Prep: PEI Sheet or tape, Kapton/PI Tape, Glue stick on clean glass, ABS/Acetone Slurry
- Nozzle: We strongly recommend a 0.4mm orifice or larger using one of our A2 Hardened Nozzles - HERE
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
- Support: Our Aquatek water soluble support works great to create complex parts. This support can be found HERE.
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament, HERE.