Gen3 CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Reinforced Nylon 3D Filament
Gen 3 CarbonX™ CF-Nylon Filament is an advanced semi-aromatic polyamide copolymer reinforced with high-modulus carbon fiber. This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, improved chemical and thermal resistance, excellent surface quality, and ease of printing. Tired of nylon that warps? This is the answer you've been looking for. Excellent dimensional stability comes from the carbon fiber and the semi-aromatic nylon.
Carbon Fiber Printer: Print industrial-grade CF-NYLON parts with Gearbox™ HT2 High-Temp 3D Printer. Check it out HERE.
High-Performance + High Temp Resistance: Gen3 CarbonX™ CF-Nylon is a PA6 copolymer made using high-modulus carbon fiber and state-of-the-art compounding and extrusion technology. Gen3 has higher HDT than our previous grades (147°C at .45MPa) allowing for expanded use in higher-temp applications.
Open Source: You do not need to purchase a special printer for CarbonX™ CF-Nylon. Our CF Nylon (Gen 3) is suitable for use in practically any desktop 3D Printer that has a heated bed.
Hardened Nozzles: Carbon fiber reinforced filaments are abrasive and can wear out a brass or aluminum nozzle. We recommend our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles - HERE
Chemical Resistance Chart
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 240-270°C. CarbonX™ CFR Nylon exhibits improved layer bonding at higher temperatures.
- Bed Temp: 80 - 100°C
- Bed Prep: Polyimide Tape, Clean glass with ABS/Acetone Slurry
- Hardened Nozzle: 0.4mm or larger. We strongly recommend our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles - HERE
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
- Support: Our Aquatek water soluble support works great to create complex parts. This support can be found HERE.
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament, HERE.