Firewire® Ultem™ Support Filament
Our Ultem support is ideal for dual extruder 3D printers where you want good adhesion to Ultem 9085 or Ultem 1010 and thermal resistance to withstand being printed on at 380-400°C. This support is a break-away support and is not soluble. Adjustments need to be made in your sllcing software for optimal interfacial adhesion so the support doesn't adhere too well to the Ultem. Please note the recommended processing conditions below.
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Color: Natural
- Density: 1.27g/cm3
Recommended Print Conditions: (starting points)
- Extruder Temp: 350 - 380°C (all-metal extruder)
- Bed Temp: 140-160°C
- Bed Prep: Ultem® Tape, Polyimide Tape, Lightly sanded FR4 or Perf board.
- Cooling: No cooling fan
- Print Speed: Print speeds of 30mm/s (starting point).
- Heated Enclosure: We recommend printing within a heated enclosure or in a warm build environment. Enclosure temp should not exceed 185°C
- Support Removal: This is a break-away support and is NOT soluble. The support is best removed while warm. If the part cools and support removal becomes difficult, then you can heat the part in a small oven (toaster oven or similar) at 180c for at least 30 minutes; then removal will be much easier.
Firewire® is 3DXTECH's brand of high-temperature polymers designed specifically for 3D printing the highest performance parts possible. Firewire® is a registered trademark of 3DXTECH, it's owners, and affiliates.