Gunmetal Silver CarbonX™ CFR Carbon Fiber Reinforced PLA Filament
Gunmetal Silver has the same great properties and printing characteristics - with a great new color. Tired of black? Gunmetal Silver is the new black!
CarbonX™ CFR-PLA is an improved CF reinforced 3D printing filament vs. the competition. Made using High-Modulus Carbon Fiber (not carbon powder or milled carbon fiber). This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, excellent surface quality, dimensional stability, light weight, and ease of printing. Made in the USA using premium Natureworks PLA and high modulus carbon fiber.
NO heated bed required!
CarbonX™ CFR PLA is suitable for use in practically any desktop 3D Printer. Please note - carbon fiber reinforced filaments are abrasive and can wear out a brass or aluminum nozzle. We recommend our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles - HERE
New Data: We updated the mechanical and thermal data on our carbon fiber grades. You can see the new data HERE on our blog.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 190-220°C.
- Bed Temp: 23 - 60°C (Heated bed NOT necessary)
- Bed Prep: 3DXTech Blue Painters Tape, PVA-based Glue, Hairspray
- Nozzle: We currently recommend minimum 0.4mm orifice
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.2mm with CF Grades.
- Need a hardened nozzle? Make sure to check out our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles - HERE. Our A2 hardened steel nozzles have 20X the wear resistance of brass!