FluorX™ PVDF 3D Filament
PVDF [Polyvinylidene fluoride] is a high-performance polymer offers exceptional thermal and chemical resistance for industrial-grade printing. Rated for uses up to 150°C - this filament can be used in demanding applications and under the most extreme conditions. PVDF is resistant to most chemicals and solvents making it a great fit for applications that will be exposed to harsh environments.
Product attributes include:
- FluorX™ is made using Arkema Kynar® PVDF
- High continuous use temperature - up to 150°C
- Excellent resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as automotive fluids (oil, gas, lubricants), fully halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, acids and bases
- Non-hygroscopic - does not absorb moisture - no drying of filament or special storage is needed
- Inherently UV-resistant (H-F bonds are very stable)
- Very good abrasion resistance - similar to Nylon and UHMW-PE for high-wear applications
- Low smoke and flame characteristics (base resin is rated V-0)
- Long-term hydrolytic stability
- Resistant to nuclear radiation
- 1.75mm, 2.85mm (+/- 0.05mm)
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 245-265°C
- Bed Temp: 90 - 110°C
- Bed Prep: Acrylic tape (packaging tape), hairspray on clean glass
- Print Speeds: 25-40mm/s is a typical starting point until you become familiar with the product
- Other: No cooling fan for speeds below 40mm/s, add 20-40% cooling fan above 40mm/s.
- Safety note: This polymer starts to degrade at temps above 290°C. Please keep your extruder temperature below this point to aviod degredation, offgassing, and mechanical property loss.
Kynar® is a registered trademark of Arkema.