3DXFLEX™ TPU 90A Thermoplastic Polyurethane 3D Filament
3DXFLEX™ TPU elastomer is an engineering-grade material that we chose based on its balance of ease of printing, flexibility, chemical resistance, and toughness. 3DXFLEX™ TPU has a hardness of 90A allows you to make very tough, impact resistant and flexible prints. We recommend direct-drive extruders but experienced users can be successful with Bowden-type drives.
Benefits of 3DXFLEX™ TPU 90A Filament:
- High elongation (>500%)
- Ease of printing
- Excellent layer bonding
- Bonds great to other plastics
- Outstanding fatigue resistance
- Very low odor while printing
- Low moisture absorption
- Retains flexibility even at low temperatures
- Styrene and BPA Free
Filament Diameter Specs:
- 1.75mm +/- 0.05mm
- 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 220-240°C
- Bed Temp: 23-40°C
- Bed Prep: Hairspray or Glue Stick on clean glass
- Fan Speed: Medium to High
- Print Speed: Flexible 90A prints slower, about 20 mm/s to start, then increase as you become more familiar with the material.
- Experience Level: Moderate to Advanced. Printing with elastomers is a bit more complicated than hard plastics and generally requires more experience and an extruder purposefully built or modified to handle flexible filaments.