ThermaX™ PES (PESU) 3D Printing Filament
Polyether Sulfone (PES or PESU) is a high-temperature aromatic sulfone polymer that exhibits exceptional thermal, mechanical, and chemical resistance properties. PES is part of the PAES (Poly Aryl Ether Sulfone) family of polymers, which includes PSU, PES, and PPSU. ThermaX™ PES is an amorphous polymer and has excellent dimensional stability and creep resistance.
PES has higher temperature resistance and toughness than Ultem™ 1010, offering the ability to print parts with higher mechanical properties at elevated temperature.
Attributes of ThermaX™ PES (PESU) include:
- Very high thermal properties with a Tg of 228°C [Superior to Ultem™ 1010]
- Excellent hydrolytic resistance
- High Environmental Stress Crack Resistance (ESCR)
- Outstanding impact resistance - especially compared to Ultem™ 1010
- Sterilization capable - including EtO gas, radiation, steam autoclaving, plasma, dry heat and cold sterilization.
- Resists most common automotive fluids, including gasoline, antifreeze, transmission fluid, motor oil, power steering fluid, windshield washer fluid (ESCR, 24hrs, 100°C)
- Inherently flame retardant with low smoke evolution and low smoke toxicity
- Excellent dimensional stability (low creep sensitivity and low, uniform coefficient of thermal expansion) and highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Density: 1.37g/cm3
Recommended Print Conditions: (starting points)
- Extruder Temp: 340 - 390°C (all-metal extruder)
- Bed Temp: 140-160°C
- Bed Prep: Ultem® Tape, Polyimide Tape, Lightly sanded FR4 or Perf board.
- Other: No cooling fan, Print speeds of 1000mm/min (starting point). We recommend printing within a heated enclosure or in a warm build environment.
Solvay Radel BASF Ultrason