FibreX™PES+GF30 3D Printing Filament
We formulated FibreX™ PES+GF30 specifically for 3D printing. We hand selected the fiberglass and PES base resin to assure the material prints well and offers optimal performance. This material prints best using a heated build chamber and we highly recommend the use of the Gearbox™ HT2 printer to assure the best layer bonding, strength, and dimensional stability. We see FibreX™ PES+GF30 as an excellent alternative to higher priced materials such as PEI and PEEK.
Benefits of FibreX™ PES+GF30:
- Exceptional strength and stiffness – even at elevated temperatures up to 220°C
- High thermal properties: Tg: 220°C, HDT: 216°C [Higher than Ultem™!]
- Inherently flame-retardant – polymer will not sustain ignition
- Hydrolytic stability – resistant to steam and repeated autoclave sterilization
- Amorphous – Excellent dimensional stability and low shrinkage
1.75mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 370-390°C
- Bed Temp: 140-160°C
- Bed Prep: Nano Polymer Adhesive
- Heated Chamber: Recommended up to 225°C [A high-temp heated chamber will provide the best environment for the lowest warp and optimal layer bonding. If your printer’s chamber can’t reach 225°C, then raise it as hot as possible to get the best results.]
- Supports: ThermaX™ HTS High-Temp Support
- Drying Instructions: 150°C for 4+ hours.
This material is particularly abrasive among 3D printing filaments. Users may find standard brass nozzles are chewed through very quickly compared to standard wear and tear. When worn through, the nozzle diameter will widen inconsistently and the printer will experience extrusion issues.
Because of this, it's strongly recommended this material be printed through a hardened steel nozzle rather than a softer metal. Hardened steel nozzles can often be inexpensive and easily installed depending on your printer manufacturer's instructions.