FluorX PVDF-C MAX
Pure PVDF created for printing large parts with very low warp.
FluorX™ PVDF-C MAX 3D Filament
Our MAX PVDF-C [Polyvinylidene fluoride] was created for printing large parts with very low warp. This polymer is pure PVDF and offers exceptional thermal and chemical resistance for industrial-grade printing.
Rated for uses up to 150°C – this filament can be used in demanding applications under the most extreme conditions. PVDF-C is resistant to most chemicals and solvents, making it a great fit for applications which will be exposed to harsh environments.
No special concerns
No special concerns
Works great with break-away support
Benefits of PVDF-C Include:
- High Thermal Properties: 150°C CUT
- Very low warping
- Excellent resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as automotive fluids, oils, gas, lubricants, fully halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, acids, and bases
- Non-hygroscopic, does not absorb moisture. No drying needed!
- Low smoke and flame characteristics with a base resin rated V-0
- Long-term hydrolytic stability
- Resistant to nuclear radiation
- Very good abrasion resistance – similar to Nylon and UHMW-PE for high-wear applications
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: Between 245 and 265°C depending on your printer. Some need to get as high as 280°C.
- Platform Temp: 90 – 110°C
- Bed Prep: Nano Polymer Adhesive gives us the best results.
- Other: No or slow cooling fan. Print with speeds of 40-60mm/s as a good starting point.
- Drying Instructions: PVDF doesn’t absorb moisture, and doesn’t need drying!
- Safety note: This polymer starts to degrade and break down above 290°C. Please keep your extruder temperature below that point to avoid degradation, offgassing, and mechanical property loss.
FluorX™ PVDF-C MAX is made using Arkema Kynar® PVDF
Kynar® is a registered trademark of Arkema.
Send us a message and we'll reach out as soon as we can!