Ion™ PA6 Alloy
Ion™ PA6 Alloy has been formulated for superior printability and high-performance. Nylon is the industry standard go-to engineering-grade of thermoplastic across the globe thanks to its excellent mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties.
Gearbox HT2™ 3D Printer: Print industrial-grade parts using our Ion™ PA6 Alloy and more with the new Gearbox™ HT2 High-Temp 3D Printer.
Benefits of Ion™ PA6 Alloy Include:
- Excellent printability
- High strength with 60 MPa / 8700 PSI Tensile Strength
- Improved chemical resistance compared to other traditional 3D printing filaments
- Abrasion and wear resistant
- Good thermal properties with a Tg of 85°C and Tm of 200°C
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 250-270°C
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep or 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Not required, but a 30-80°C chamber does improve layer bonding and finished part mechanical properties
- Supports: AquaTek™ water soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material works ideal for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 90°C for 4 hours.