ThermaX™ PEI-GF10 Glass Fiber Reinforced 3D Filament, Made using ULTEM™ PEI
We manufacture this ultra-performance 3D printing filament using 10% glass fiber reinforced ULTEM™ PEI (polyether imide) resin. PEI is an amorphous, high-performance polymer that combines excellent thermal properties, exceptional dimensional stability, inherent flame retardancy, and good chemical resistance. The addition of glass fiber adds stiffness, strength, thermal properties, and enhanced dimensional stability. Filaments made using ULTEM™ PEI resin offer the ability to create parts with excellent properties at elevated temperatures due to a high glass transition temperature (Tg) of 217°C.
Product attributes include:
- High thermal properties: (Tg) of 217°C
- Inherent flame resistance
- Long-term hydrolytic stability
- Excellent dimensional stability (low creep sensitivity and low, uniform coefficient of thermal expansion) and highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Good resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as automotive fluids, fully halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, and aqueous solutions
- Stable dielectric constant and dissipation factor over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
Automotive / Transportation Applications: ULTEM™ resins provide automotive manufacturers with a high performance, chemically resistant, thermally-stable, cost-effective alternative to metal that is strong enough to replace steel in some applications and light enough to replace aluminum in others. For applications like transmission components, throttle bodies, ignition components, sensors and thermostat housings,
Electrical / Electronics Applications: ULTEM™ resin may be an excellent material choice for today’s demanding electrical applications, including connectors, MCB components like housings, shafts and levers, hard disk drive internals, FOUP’s, BiTS, PCB’s, MCCB internals, Plenum devices, LCD projector internals, fuel cell components and many other applications.
- Diameter: 1.75mm, 2.85mm (+/- 0.05mm)
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 370 - 390°C
- Bed Temp: 120 - 160°C
- Bed Prep: PEI tape is the ideal build surface
- Print Speed: Print speeds of 20-30mm/s (starting point), faster as results dictate
- Nozzle: We strongly recommend a 0.4mm orifice or larger using one of our A2 Hardened Nozzles - HERE
- Enclosure Temp: Ultem prints best in a warm to hot build environment
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament, HERE.
ULTEM™ is a registered trademark of Sabic Innovative Plastics.
3DXTECH manufactures this filament using ULTEM™ PEI resin.