ThermaX™ PEEK 3D Filament [BLUE]
ThermaX™ PEEK (PolyEtherEtherKetone) is one of the highest-performance polymers in world. PEEK has exceptional mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties making it a go-to material in some of the most demanding applications.
Print ThermaX™ PEKK parts with Gearbox™ HT2 High-Temp 3D Printer. Check it out HERE.
Product Attributes Include:
- Glass Transition Temp (Tg) of 143°C
- Melt Temp (Tm) of 343°C
- Inherent flame resistance (UL94 V-0)
- Outstanding mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance
- Continuous Use Temperature (CUT) of 260°C, higher for short duration
- Excellent resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as those used in the oil/gas, automotive, aerospace, industrial, and chemical processing industries
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Color: Blue
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 375 - 410°C
- Bed Temp: 130 - 145°C
- Bed Prep: Ultem™ Tape is the ideal build surface, glue stick on clean glass is suitable
- Enclosure temp (if your printer is equipped): 70 - 140°C [hotter is better, up to 140°C]
- Print Speed: 10-50 mm/s for 0.2mm layer height, fast as results dictate
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament, HERE.
Recommended Printing Experience
Novice: A beginner using an entry-level 3D printer should have minimal problems using this material
Intermediate: User has several months of experience with a moderate to high quality printer
Advanced: User has > 1 year of printing experience and is using a high quality commercial printer
Expert: User has significant amount of experience and is using a high-performance or heavily modified printer
These categories are somewhat arbitrary, but come from many years of our own printing experience as well as troubleshooting with customers.
Victrex PEEK, Solvay Ketaspire PEEK, Evonik Vestakeep