3DXMAX™ HIPS Support Material
Manufactured in the USA from 100% virgin High Impact Polystyrene resin. We use state-of-the-art resins & manufacturing technologies to give you the best possible printing experience. HIPS can be used for parts that require low-gloss and nearly invisible layer lines. It does not absorb moisture, so you do not need to keep it in a dry box.
Plus, it requires very little setup to achieve truly great prints in practically any 3D printer. It can also be used as an excellent break-away support for ABS and ASA or completely dissolved in d-limonene.
Precision extruded using our own formulation, this grade is a bit different than the usual HIPS used to make our model material colors. It’s formulated to be more sensitive to attack from d-limonene solvent and make a better dissolving support solution.
No special concerns
No special concerns
HIPS is break-away
but also soluble in d-limonene
Benefits of 3DXMAX™ HIPS:
- Very good, strong support material
- Prints very easily
- Polymer doesn’t absorb moisture, no drying required!
- Can be removed from models by hand
- Can also be dissolved away with d-limonene
- 3DXMAX™ HIPS is another industry favorite support, it works excellent with all the following, and is very popular among makers and the industrial 3D printing industry alike.
- Works perfectly with many materials, especially the industry’s workhorses like ABS and ASA.
- This includes all of our famous composite variants of these grades, such as carbon fiber, glass fiber, and ESD-safe.
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 220-235°C
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep gives us the best results.
- Heated Chamber: Not required
- Other: Most users simply use pliers to mechanically remove HIPS support from their printed models, but d-limonene orange solvent will completely dissolve it.
- Drying Instructions: No drying needed at all!