AquaTek™ PVA Water Soluble Support
This is a water-soluble support filament based on a new generation of PVA (polyvinyl alcohol, PVOH). AquaTek™ PVA Water Soluble Support is tap water-soluble and is easily removed from the printed part with room-temp water.
No special concerns
No special concerns
65°C for 4 hours
PVA is water soluble
Benefits of AquaTek™ PVA:
- Superior to traditional PVA filament
- Easily soluble in warm water
- Eco-friendly, biodegradable, and safe to dispose in house or office drains
- Ideal support material for the most popular desktop printing materials
- AquaTek™ PVA is an industry favorite water soluble support material, it works excellent with all the following, and is very popular among makers and the desktop 3D printing community.
- PLA, Nylon, PVB, TPU, more!
- This includes all of our famous composite variants of these grades, such as carbon fiber, glass fiber, and ESD-safe.
Recommended Support Removal Techniques:
Break away excess support material that’s easily accessible. This reduces dissolution time (more support material = a longer time to dissolve).
Submerge the part in warm water. Hot tap water is typically 38-49°C, which is more than adequate for dissolving AquaTek™ PVA. Please be safe with hot water!
Agitating and stirring the water reduces dissolution time further, either with mechanical agitation or a sonic cleaning bath system. Re-heat or replace the warm water as it cools off for as long as you still see support material un-dissolved.
Residue is ecologically safe and can be disposed of down a home or office drain. Rinse thoroughly with fresh, warm water.
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 190-220°C
- Bed Temp: 23-70°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep gives us the best results.
- Heated Chamber: Not required
- Other: AquaTek™ PVA will absorb moisture from ambient humidity like crazy, therefore best practice is to dry and store filament in a sealed container while not in use.
- Drying Instructions: 65°C for 4 hours