Firewire Flame Retardant PC-ABS
Firewire® Flame Retardant PC-ABS is made using a polycarbonate allow with UL94 V-0 ratings. Flame Retardant PC-ABS has improved strength and thermal properties making it ideal for printing of functional prototypes and production parts. This material is ideal for printing electrical housings, connectors, or any part that requires thermal properties [up to 110°C]
Firewire® Flame Retardant PC-ABS 3D Printing Filament
Firewire® Flame Retardant PC-ABS (polycarbonate + ABS alloy) is made using a premium UL94 V-0 rated PC-ABS. It has higher strength and thermal resistance (HDT) than ABS, alloying the mechanical properties and high-heat resistance of PC with the printability of ABS. This filament is ideal for applications which require UL94 V-0 self-extinguishing characteristics.
Benefits of Firewire Flame Retardant PC-ABS:
- Improved durability and sturdiness in parts with highly flame-retardant, self-extinguishing properties, superior to FR-ABS alone
- High thermal properties making it functional up to 110°C
- Easier to print than most industrial-grade materials
- Amorphous structure gives it lower, near isotropic shrinkage
- Made using UL94 V-0 rated base resin
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 265-285°C
- Bed Temp: 110-120°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, a chamber helps reduce warping and improves layer adhesion
- Supports: AquaTek™ water soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material is designed to work with complex models
- Drying Instructions: 80°C for 6 hours
Direct ventilation is required to print Firewire Flame Retardant PC-ABS. This grade has a much more pronounced odor during printing and it is highly recommended to use in a well-ventilated area or with HEPA and carbon filtration systems available.
Send us a message and we'll reach out as soon as we can!