HyperLite™ PP [Polypropylene] 3D Printing Filament
HyperLite™ PP Gen2 is our specialty formulated unfilled polypropylene that we created specifically for 3D printing. HyperLite™ Polypropylene is a game changer for the industrial 3D printing of PP-based materials for engineering-grade applications. The reels contain 700g of filament that gives you the freedom to print light-weight parts for medical, drones, watercraft, automotive, or any application which would benefit from a light weight, flexible, chemically resistant material.
Benefits of HyperLite™ PP:
- Excellent resistance against a huge variety of chemicals
- Very low density, only 0.9g/cc
- High impact and elongation, retaining the flexibility of Polypropylene
- Easier to print than most flexible 3D printing materials, suitable for use with almost any 3D printer
- Does not absorb moisture, no drying needed!
Chemical Resistance of HyperLite™ PP
Since material properties can vary depending on print environment and 3D model geometry and/or surface area, it is always required to do your own testing, but Polypropylene is famous for its chemical resistances to a huge range of environments including:
- Acids: Acetic, Boric, Hydrochloric, Phosphoric, Stearic, Sulfuric, Uric
- Bases: Hydrocides of Ammonium, Barium, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium
- Solvents: Acetone, Ethanol, MEK, Phenol (10%), Water
Safety Data Sheet
This material doesn’t yet have a formal SDS.
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 210-240°C
- Bed Temp: 60-90°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep or 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Not required
- Supports: AquaTek™ Water Soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material is one of the few materials capable of properly forming a strong, temporary bond for support printing. Polypropylene is infamous for being difficult to support, and X1 USM is ideal for the job
- Drying Instructions: Not needed