3DXSTAT™ ESD-SAFE ABS 3D Filament
Target surface resistance: 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm. Compare to Stratasys® ABS-ESD7 in performance and price and you'll never go back! Works great in Dimension and Fortus Stratasys printers using the M30, P400, or P430 chip.
3DXSTAT™ ESD ABS is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection and a high level of cleanliness. Manufactured with consistency in mind - 3DXTech starts with MG-94 Premium ABS (same resin as P430, M30) and then compounded according to a proprietary formulation of carbon additives and process / dispersion modifiers - giving you a filament with excellent printing characteristics and consistent ESD properties.
Benefits of 3DXSTAT™ include:
- Consistent and reliable surface resistance
- Improved retention of impact & elongation vs. similiar ESD-safe materials
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
Typical applications include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing applications
Target conductivity for 3DXSTAT™ ESD ABS:
- 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how this filament works in your specific printer / application.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 220 - 240°C (desktop printers). 3DXSTAT™ ESD ABS is a filled product and has a higher melt viscosity vs. unfilled ABS. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to print at higher temperatures to allow the resin to flow properly.
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Bed Prep: Kapton Polyimide Tape, ABS/Acetone Slurry