CarbonX™ CFR Carbon Fiber Reinforced PLA Filament
CarbonX™ CFR-PLA is an improved CF reinforced 3D printing filament vs. the competition. Made using High-Modulus Carbon Fiber (not carbon powder or milled carbon fiber). This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, excellent surface quality, dimensional stability, light weight, and ease of printing. Made in the USA using premium Natureworks PLA and high modulus carbon fiber.
NO heated bed required!
CarbonX™ CFR PLA is suitable for use in practically any desktop 3D Printer. Please note - carbon fiber reinforced filaments are abrasive and can wear out a brass or aluminum nozzle. We recommend our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles - HERE
New Data: We updated the mechanical and thermal data on our carbon fiber grades. You can see the new data HERE on our blog.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 190-220°C.
- Bed Temp: 23 - 60°C (Heated bed NOT necessary)
- Bed Prep: 3DXTech Blue Painters Tape, PVA-based Glue, Hairspray on clean glass
- Nozzle: We strongly recommend a 0.4mm orifice or larger using one of our A2 Hardened Nozzles - HERE
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
- Support: Our Aquatek water soluble support works great to create complex parts. This support can be found HERE.
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament, HERE.