BioGuard™ Antibacterial PLA
BioGuard™ PLA offers the peace of mind that comes along with ISO 22196:2011 certification and ease of printing that you have come to expect from all of our PLA filaments. We formulated BioGuard™ PLA using premium Natureworks INGEO™ PLA resin and a state-of-the-art nano silver technology that offers excellent printability and antibacterial protection.
Greater than 99% Effective! ISO certified testing shows that BioGuard™ PLA starts to eliminate MRSA and E. coli CFU’s (Colony Forming Units) within minutes of exposure and continues until more than 99% are eliminated at 24 hours.
BioGuard™ was created to offer a US-based source of antibacterial filament that you can trust for performance. Our resin is compounded in a ISO 13485 compliant facility and extruded at our factory in Grand Rapids, MI. We hold tight tolerances for diameter, ovality, and color to help assure the best printing experience possible.
Benefits of BioGuard™ Antibacterial PLA Include:
- ISO 22196:2011 Certified Antibacterial Protection
- Easy to print formulation based on premium Natureworks PLA
- Ideal for printing without a heated bed, no enclosure required
- Low shrinkage, warping, and easy printability on practically any 3D printer
- Very low odor, perfect for 3D printing in home and office environments
- Made from plants makes PLA a renewable biopolymer
- Gorgeous surface quality and low-gloss to make printed parts look beautiful and highly technical
- Pairs well with our X1 Water Soluble Support for printing complex parts
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 190-220°C
- Bed Temp: 23-60°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Not required
- Supports: Water soluble AquaTek X1 USM works great for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 50-65°C for 4 hours.
Copper3d Plactive NanoClean MDFlex