MAX-G™ PETG is a durable material that has excellent strength while remaining flexible. The base resin used in our PETG filament is FDA approved and has improved chemical resistance compared to PLA or ABS. It is suitable for cleaning with isopropyl alcohol as needed.
Benefits of PETG Include:
- Superior chemical resistance to ABS
- Very low odor while printing
- Amorphous structure giving it a low, near isotropic shrinkage
- Low moisture absorption, 3x lower than ABS
- Wide range of processing from 230-260°C
- Superior ductility vs. ABS
Chemical Resistance of PETG:
Unstressed tensile bars molded of PETG exhibit good resistance to dilute aqueous solutions of mineral acids, bases, salts, and soaps, as well as aliphatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, and a variety of oils. Halogenated hydrocarbons, short chain length ketones, and aromatic hydrocarbons still dissolve or swell the plastic.
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter