$200.00 – $1,390.00
ThermaX™ PEKK-A (PolyEtherKetoneKetone) is made using Arkema Kepstan® PEKK [60/40 copolymer] and is one of the highest performance materials in the world while also being one of the easiest to print ultra-polymers.
ThermaX™ PEKK-A 3D Printer Filament
ThermaX™ PEKK-A (PolyEtherKetoneKetone) is made using Arkema Kepstan® PEKK and is one of the highest-performance polymers in plastics business. A leading material in the PAEK family, PEKK has exceptionally good mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties. It is also not only substantially easier to print than PEEK, it’s one of the easiest ultra-polymers to 3D print period. Developed in partnership with Arkema, a leading supplier of ultra-performance materials.
Benefits of ThermaX™ PEKK-A Include:
- High thermal properties with a CUT of 260°C, Tg of 162°C, and a Tm of 335°C
- Substantially easier to 3D print than PEEK
- Wide processing window from 345-375°C
- Inherently flame resistant (UL94 V-0)
- Low smoke generation
- Outstanding mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistances
Compare Our PEKK-A to Stratasys® Antero™ PEKK
- Both use real PEKK from Arkema as the base resin component
- ThermaX™ PEKK-A is a lower cost and specially designed for use on lower-pricepoint, open-material 3D printers
- Stratasys® Antero™ is more expensive and requires users to purchase an expensive Fortus® system and a high-priced user license
Safety Data Sheet
This material doesn’t yet have a formal SDS.
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 345-375°C
- Bed Temp: 120-140°C
- Bed Prep: Nano Polymer Adhesive or 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, heated to 70-150°C if at all possible
- Supports: ThermaX™ break-away HTS High Temp Support works ideal for complex, high-temp materials just like this
- Drying Instructions: 120°C for 4 hours
Annealing 3D Printed Parts:
Parts printed with PEKK may be annealed after printing to ramp-up the crystallinity in the resin. This will maximize mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties. Printed parts will be transparent golden in color and then turn an opaque tan color once annealed. If you do not anneal the PEKK parts, then the maximum use temperature is 150°C. If you do anneal, the maximum use temperature is 260°C. You can choose which route to go depending on the needs of your part.
- Place your part in an oven and raise the temperature to 130°C, allow to remain at that temperature for 30 minutes. Let it cool completely before handling.
ThermaX™ is a trademark of 3DXTech LLC, it’s owners, and affiliates
Kepstan® is a registered trademark of Arkema
Antero™ and Fortus® are trademark of Stratasys
Send us a message and we'll reach out as soon as we can!