$85.00 – $395.00
ThermaX™ PEKK-C (PolyEtherKetoneKetone) is made using Arkema Kepstan® PEKK [ 70/30 copolymer] and is one of the highest performance materials in the world while also being one of the easiest to print ultra-polymers.
ThermaX™ PEKK-C 3D Printing Filament
ThermaX™ PEKK-C (PolyEtherKetoneKetone) is made using Arkema Kepstan® PEKK and is one of the highest-performance polymers in world. A leading material in the PAEK family, PEKK has exceptionally good mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties. It is also not only substantially easier to print than PEEK, it’s one of the easiest ultra-polymers to 3D print period.
Benefits of ThermaX™ PEKK-C Include:
- Higher thermal properties than available in PEKK-A
- Substantially easier to 3D print than PEEK
- Wide processing window from 345-375°C
- CUT of 260°C, Tg of 162°C, and a Tm of 335°C
- Inherently flame resistant (UL94 V-0)
- Low smoke generation
- Outstanding mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance
Compare Our PEKK-C to Stratasys® Antero™ PEKK
- Both use real PEKK from Arkema as the base resin component
- ThermaX™ PEKK-C is a lower cost and specially designed for use on lower-pricepoint, open-material 3D printers
- Stratasys® Antero™ is more expensive and requires users to purchase an extensive Fortus® system and a high-priced user license
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 345-375°C
- Bed Temp: 120-140°C
- Other: 20-50mm/s print speed as a starting point
- Bed Prep: Nano Polymer Adhesive and 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, a chamber helps reduce warping and improves layer adhesion. Heat it to 70-150°C if at all possible
- Supports: ThermaX™ HTS High-Temp Support is designed to work with complex, high-temp materials
- Drying Instructions: 120°C for 4 hours
Annealing 3D Printed Parts:
Parts printed with PEKK may be annealed after printing to ramp-up the crystallinity in the resin. This will maximize mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties. Printed parts will be transparent golden in color and then turn an opaque tan color once annealed. If you do not anneal the PEKK parts, then the maximum use temperature is 150°C. If you do anneal, the maximum use temperature is 260°C. You can choose which route to go depending on the needs of your part.
- Step 1: Place your part in an oven and raise the temperature to 160°C, allow to remain at that temperature for 30 minutes.
- Step 2: Raise the oven temperature to 200°C and allow the part to remain their until it turns a uniform tan color. Timing will depend on the temperature uniformity, the air circulation inside the oven, and part surface area and size. Allow your part to cool prior to handling.
ThermaX™ is a trademark of 3DXTech LLC, it’s owners, and affiliates
Kepstan® is a registered trademark of Arkema
Antero™ and Fortus® are trademark of Stratasys
Send us a message and we'll reach out as soon as we can!