CarbonX™ CFR Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polycarbonate (PC) Filament
CarbonX™ CFR-PC is a high-performance carbon fiber reinforced PC filament. This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structrual component with high heat, high modulus, excellent surface quality, dimensional stability. Polycarbonate has a Tg of 147°C, offering some of the highest thermal performance on the 3D market.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 280-310°C, max 320°C. CarbonX™ CFR is a filled product and has a higher melt viscosity vs. unfilled resin. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to print at higher temperatures to allow the resin to flow properly.
- Print Speed: 3000mm/min to start
- Bed Temp: 110-120°C
- Bed Prep: 3DXTech Kapton Tape, Glue stick on clean glass, ABS/Acetone Slurry
- Nozzle: We currently recommend minimum 0.4mm orifice using one of our A2 Hardened Nozzles - HERE
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.2mm with CF Grades.