3DXSTAT ESD PLA
$110.00 – $210.00
3DXSTAT™ ESD PLA is an easy to use ESD-Safe filament designed for use in critical applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. Made using Natureworks PLA and CNTs to offer exceptional repeatability and reliability.
3DXSTAT™ ESD PLA
3DXSTAT™ ESD PLA is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications which require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. Made using cutting-edge multi-wall carbon nanotube technology, state of the art compounding technology, and precision extrusion processes. Target surface resistance: 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm.
Benefits of PLA Include:
- Ideal for printing without a heated bed, no enclosure required
- Low shrinkage, warping, and easy printability, PLA prints on practically all desktop 3D printers
- Very low odor, perfect for printing in home or office environments
- Gorgeous surface quality to make printed parts look beautiful
- Made from plants makes PLA a renewable biopolymer
Benefits of 3DXSTAT™ Include:
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
Typical ESD PLA Applications Include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing Applications
Target Conductivity for 3DXSTAT ESD PLA:
- 10^7 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how ESD PLA filament works in your specific printer / application.
Surface Conductivity as a Function of Extruder Temperature:
The surface resistance of the printed ESD PLA part will vary depending on the printer’s extruder temperature. For example, if your testing indicates the part is too insulative, then increasing the extruder temperature will result in improved conductivity. Therefore, the surface resistance can be ‘dialed-in’ by adjusting the extruder temperature up or down depending on the reading you receive on your part.
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 210-220°C
- Bed Temp: 23-60°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive and 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape work best for us.
- Heated Chamber: Not required
- Other: Increasing your extrusion multiplier up to 1.15 or even 1.2 and varying your fan speed between 50-100% may be necessary.
- Supports: Water soluble AquaTek™ X1 USM works great for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 65°C for 4 hours.
Send us a message and we'll reach out as soon as we can!