3DXSTAT ESD PLA
$110.00 – $210.00
3DXSTAT™ ESD PLA is an easy to use ESD-Safe filament designed for use in critical applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. Made using Natureworks PLA and CNT’s to offer exceptional repeatability and reliability.
3DXSTAT™ ESD PLA 3D Printing Filament
3DXSTAT™ ESD PLA is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. Made using cutting-edge multi-wall carbon nanotube technology, state of the art compounding technology, and precision extrusion processes. Target surface resistance: 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm.
Benefits of 3DXSTAT™ include:
- Ideal for printing without a heated bed – no enclosure required
- Low shrink / warp – very easy to print
- Low odor – ideal for printing in public spaces / office environments
- Consistent and reliable surface resistance
- Improved retention of impact & elongation vs. similar ESD-safe materials
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
Typical applications include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Housings, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Fixtures, Conveying, Metering, End-of-arm Tooling, and Sensing applications
Target conductivity for 3DXSTAT™ ESD PLA:
- Spec: 10^6 to 10^9 Ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring method, target 10^7 Ohm
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how this filament works in your specific printer / application.
Surface conductivity as a function of extruder temperature:
The surface resistance of the printed ESD-safe part will vary depending on the printer’s extruder temperature. For example, if your testing indicates the part is too insulative, then increasing the extruder temperature will result in improved conductivity. Therefore, the surface resistance can be ‘dialed-in’ by adjusting the extruder temperature up or down depending on the reading you receive on your part.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: Typically 210-220°C. 3DXSTAT™ ESD PLA is a filled product and has a higher melt viscosity vs. unfilled PLA. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to print at higher temperatures than your standard PLA to allow the resin to flow properly.
- Extrusion Multiplier: 1.15 – 1.20
- Extrusion Speed: 60mm/s or higher
- Bed Temp: 23-60°C
- Fan Speed: 50-100% starting on 2nd layer
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive gives the best results for us.
- Support: Our water soluble Aquatek X1 Universal Support Material is excellent for supporting complicated shapes.
- Drying Instructions: Please see our drying instructions for when you want to dry out this filament.
Send us a message and we'll reach out as soon as we can!