AquaTek™ X1 Advanced USM Universal Support Material
Our AquaTek™ X1 Advanced USM Universal Support Material is an all-new, highly advanced universal water soluble support formulated specifically for printing complicated parts. AquaTek™ X1 Advanced USM is readily dissolved in warm water and has excellent adhesion to the broadest range of materials, including our popular advanced composites like CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Nylons and FibreX™ Glass Fiber Nylons.
Gearbox HT2™ 3D Printer: Print industrial-grade parts using our X1 USM and more with the new Gearbox™ HT2 High-Temp 3D Printer.
No special concerns
No special concerns
65°C for 2-4 hours
X1 USM is water soluble
Benefits of AquaTek™ X1 Advanced USM:
- Readily soluble in warm water
- Eco-friendly and safe to dispose in house or office drains
- Ideal support material for the widest array of materials, including many which are infamous for being difficult to support!
- Low moisture absorption while exposed to the air during printing, getting less tacky over time than similar support materials
- AquaTek™ X1 Advanced USM really is our most compatible support material, it works excellent with all the following and more:
- PLA, ABS, ASA, PETG, Nylons, and flexible filaments like TPC, TPU, and COPE.
- This includes all of our famous composite variants of these grades, such as carbon fiber, glass fiber, and ESD-safe.
Technical Data Sheet
This material doesn’t yet have a formal TDS.
Recommended Support Removal Techniques:
Break away excess support material that’s easily accessible. This reduces dissolution time (more support material = a longer time to dissolve).
Submerge the part in warm water. Hot tap water is typically 38-49°C, which is more than adequate for dissolving AquaTek™ X1 Advanced USM. Please be safe with hot water!
Agitating and stirring the water reduces dissolution time further, either with mechanical agitation or a sonic cleaning bath system. Re-heat or replace the warm water as it cools off for as long as you still see support material un-dissolved.
Residue is ecologically safe and can be disposed of down a home or office drain. Rinse thoroughly with fresh, warm water.
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 245-265°C
- Bed Temp: 60-90°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesives, Nano Polymer Adhesive, or Polyimide Tape gives us the best results.
- Heated Chamber: Not required, but often helpful. Enclosure temp should not exceed 120°C for X1 USM
- Other: AquaTek™ Advanced X1 Advanced USM will absorb moisture from ambient humidity, therefore best practice is to store filament in a sealed container while not in use.
- Drying Instructions: 65°C for 2-4 hours