Evolv3D OBC Polyethylene Copolymer Filament
Evolv3D™ OBC (Olefin Block Copolymer) is an engineering-grade polyethylene copolymer. OBC is the state-of-the-art in polyethylene 3D printing and eliminates many of the problems associated with printing polypropylene-based materials.
Evolv3D™ OBC Polyethylene Copolymer 3D Printing Filament
Evolv3D™ OBC Polyethylene (Olefin Block Copolymer) from Dow is an engineering-grade material based on a novel polyethylene copolymer. OBC is the state-of-the-art in polyethylene 3D printing. It eliminates many of the problems associated with printing polypropylene-based materials. OBC Polyethylene is semi-crystalline and has excellent chemical resistance coupled with ease of printing and real-world functional properties.
The reels contain 750g of filament, but based on the very low density of OBC Polyethylene, this is the same amount of filament that would typically be found on a 1kg reel of ABS. This allows you to print light-weight and exceptionally durable parts for medical, drones, watercraft, automotive, or any application which would benefit from a light weight, chemically resistant material.
Benefits of OBC Polyethylene Include:
- Superior chemical resistance
- Flexible and fatigue resistant
- Excellent layer bonding
- Very low density, 0.95 g/cm3
- No moisture absorption, no need to dry!
- Virtually no odor emitted while printing
Safety Data Sheet
This material doesn’t yet have a formal SDS.
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 175-215°C
- Bed Temp: 60-100°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Not required, though an enclosure can help reduce warping and improves print success. 23-60°C if at all possible
- Supports: AquaTek™ water soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material is designed to work with complex models
- Drying Instructions: 65°C for 4 hours
Evolv3D™ is a trademark of The Dow Chemical Company
Send us a message and we'll reach out as soon as we can!