WearX™ Wear Resistant Nylon 6 Copolymer
WearX™ PA6 has been modified for enhanced wear resistance for greatly improved wear resistance vs. standard PA6 (3X improvement!). WearX™ PA6 offers a harder surface, improved dimensional stability, and a matte surface appearance. This material was inspired by the need for an enhanced material specifically formulated to resist sliding and rotational wear.
End Use Tip: Ideal for 3D printing net shape or near-net shape tribological applications that were previously machined from stock shapes such as Nylatron® GS MoS2 filled nylons.
Pro Tip: Wear resistance gradually diminishes as in-use temperatures rise and are limited in this formulation to 120°C. WearX™ PA6 was formulated for enhanced wear resistance under dry conditions, but the addition of external lubricants will extend wear-life, especially at elevated temperatures and under increased loading and/or speeds (high PV’s).
Attributes of WearX™ PA6 Include:
- 3X Improved Wear Resistance vs. Unfilled AmideX™ PA6 Copolymer
- High strength 62 MPa tensile str. with lightly lower impact / elongation vs. unfilled nylon
- Improved chemical resistance compared to many other traditional 3D printing filaments
- Excellent printability with a more matte surface than unfilled PA6-66 copolymers
- Good thermal properties with a Tg of 76°C, 143°C HDT, and Tm of 200°C
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 260-275°C
- Bed Temp: 80-95°C
- Bed Prep: Nano Polymer Adhesive Prep gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Not required, but recommended as a 30-80°C chamber does improve layer bonding and finished part mechanical properties
- Supports: AquaTek™ water soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material works ideal for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 90°C for 4-6 hours if Nylon 6 becomes wet.
Nylatron® GS is a registered trademark of Mitsubishi Chemical Company