3DXSTAT™ ESD-Safe PEKK 3D Filament
PEKK (PolyEtherKetoneKetone) is one of the highest-performance polymers in world. Developed in partnership with Arkema - a leading supplier of ultra-performance materials.
Aerospace-Grade Performance. This compound was created for extreme the most demanding applications where tightly controlled electrical properties, static dissipation, thermal, mechanical, and chemical resistance properties are required.
3DXSTAT™ ESD-PEKK has a wider processing window than PEEK and typically prints with extruder temps between 360-390°C, whereas CF-PEEK often requires extruder temps above 400°C. 3DXSTAT™ ESD-PEKK has a lower rate and degree of crystallinity than PEEK, which aids in its ease of printing. However, once printed and annealed, PEKK parts exhibit superior performance vs. PEEK. Easier to print + superior performance!
Print PEKK on open-source printer! You do not need to purchase a Stratasys® Fortus® printer to print PEKK. This polymer is one of the easier to print ultra-polymers and is suitable for printing using many of the high-performance open-source 3D printers now on the market.
3DXSTAT™ ESD-PEKK product attributes include:
- 10^6 to 10^7 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method
- Consistent surface resistivity and low particulate contamination
- High thermal properties
- Inherent flame resistance
- Long-term hydrolytic stability
- Excellent dimensional stability (low creep sensitivity and low, uniform coefficient of thermal expansion) and highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Good resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as automotive fluids, fully halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, and aqueous solutions
- Stable dielectric constant and dissipation factor over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
Typical applications include:
- Semi-con / Electronics: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Fixtures, Casings & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing applications
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Larger reels and diameters available upon request
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 355 - 385°C
- Bed Temp: 120 - 140°C
- Bed Prep: Ultem™ Tape is the ideal build surface, glue stick on clean glass is suitable
- Enclosure temp (if your printer is equipped): 70 - 140°C
Annealing (post crystalizing) 3D Printed PEKK Parts: Parts printed with PEKK must be annealed after printing to ramp-up the crystallinity in the resin. This will maximize mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties.
- Step 1: Place part in an oven and raise the temperature to 160c, allow to remain at that temperature for 30 minutes.
- Step 2: Raise the oven temperature to 200c and allow the part to remain at this temperature for 2 hours. Allow to cool prior to handling part.