3DXSTAT™ ESD-Safe PEKK 3D Filament
PEKK (PolyEtherKetoneKetone) is one of the highest-performance polymers in world. Developed in partnership with Arkema - a leading supplier of ultra-performance materials.
Aerospace-Grade Performance. This compound was created for extreme the most demanding applications where tightly controlled electrical properties, static dissipation, thermal, mechanical, and chemical resistance properties are required.
Print 3DXSTAT™ ESD-PEKK parts with Gearbox™ HT2 High-Temp 3D Printer. Check it out HERE.
3DXSTAT™ ESD-PEKK has a wider processing window than PEEK and typically prints with extruder temps between 360-390°C, whereas CF-PEEK often requires extruder temps above 400°C. 3DXSTAT™ ESD-PEKK has a lower rate and degree of crystallinity than PEEK, which aids in its ease of printing. However, once printed and annealed, PEKK parts exhibit superior performance vs. PEEK. Easier to print + superior performance!
Print PEKK on open-source printer! You do not need to purchase a Stratasys® Fortus® printer to print PEKK. This polymer is one of the easier to print ultra-polymers and is suitable for printing using many of the high-performance open-source 3D printers now on the market.
3DXSTAT™ ESD-PEKK product attributes include
- Substantially easier to print than PEEK
- Continuous Use Temperature (CUT) of 260°C, and higher for short duration
- Glass Transition Temp (Tg) of 162°C (20°C higher than PEEK)
- Melt Temp (Tm) of 335°C (allows for lower print temps than PEEK)
- 10^6 to 10^7 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method
- Consistent surface resistivity and low particulate contamination
- Inherent flame resistance
- Long-term hydrolytic stability
- Excellent dimensional stability (low creep sensitivity and low, uniform coefficient of thermal expansion) and highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Good resistance to a broad range of chemicals, such as automotive fluids, fully halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, and aqueous solutions
- Stable dielectric constant and dissipation factor over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
Typical applications include:
- Semi-con / Electronics: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Fixtures, Casings & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing applications
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Larger reels and diameters available upon request
Surface conductivity as a function of extruder temperature:
The surface resistance of the printed ESD-safe part will vary depending on the printer's extruder temperature. For example, if your testing indicates the part is too insulative, then increasing the extruder temperature will result in improved conductivity. Therefore, the surface resistance can be 'dialed-in' by adjusting the extruder temperature up or down depending on the reading you receive on your part.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 355 - 385°C
- Bed Temp: 120 - 140°C
- Bed Prep: Ultem™ Tape is the ideal build surface, glue stick on clean glass is suitable
- Enclosure temp (if your printer is equipped): 70 - 140°C
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament, HERE.