ThermaX™ PPE+PS [Polyphenylene Ether] is engineered to offer high heat resistance, excellent chemical resistance, and is non-halogen flame-retardant. Our PPE+PS is an engineering-grade material that is ideal for some of the most demanding applications.
ThermaX™ PPE-PS (Polyphenylene Ether + Polystyrene)
ThermaX™ PPE-PS polyphenylene ether alloy exhibits exceptional thermal, mechanical, and chemical resistance properties. Our PPE-PS filament is made from a UL94 V0 rated flame retardant base resin. ThermaX™ PPE has been an ideal material for a wide array of applications in demanding markets such as aerospace, automotive, industrial, electronics, and telecommunications.
Print high-quality parts with the new Gearbox HT2 industrial high-temp 3D printer.
PPE-PS attributes include:
- High heat resistance – 120°C rated HDT at 1.8MPa
- UV resistance suitable for outdoor applications (F1 rating per UL 746C)
- Excellent chemical resistance to most aqueous solutions, detergents, acids and alkalis
- Flame retardant – made using UL94 V0 rated resin (V-0 at 0.75mm, 5VB at 1.5mm, 5VA at 2.5mm)
- Amorphous – low and near isotropic shrink rate
- Stable in boiling water – excellent long-term hydrolytic stability
- Very low moisture absorption
- High-impact resistance suitable for industrial applications
- Stable dielectric constant and dissipation factor over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
Recommended PPE-PS Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 290-320°C (all-metal extruder)
- Bed Temp: 90-110°C
- Printer Chamber Temp: 50-80°C (if a heated print chamber is available on your printer)
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive gives us the best results.
- Nozzle / Layer Height: We recommend that you print using a layer height that is 60% of your nozzle diameter. So for example, a 0.4mm nozzle would be used to print a layer height of 0.24mm.
- Supports: Aquatek’s water soluble X1 Universal Support Material is specially designed to work excellently with complex parts.
- Print speed: Speeds of 70-90mm/s are routinely used with this material on a well-calibrated printer
Sabic Noryl PPE PPO and GTX 3D Filament
Send us a message and we'll reach out as soon as we can!