ThermaX™ PPE+PS [Polyphenylene Ether] is engineered to offer high heat resistance, excellent chemical resistance, and is non-halogen flame-retardant. Our PPE+PS is an engineering-grade material that is ideal for some of the most demanding applications.
ThermaX™ PPE-PS (Polyphenylene Ether + Polystyrene)
ThermaX™ PPE-PS is a polyphenylene ether alloy which exhibits exceptional thermal, mechanical, and chemical resistance properties. Our PPE-PS filament is made from a UL94 V0 rated flame retardant base resin. ThermaX™ PPE has been an ideal material for a wide array of applications in demanding markets such as aerospace, automotive, industrial, electronics, and telecommunications.
Safety Data Sheet
This material doesn’t yet have a formal SDS.
Benefits of PPE-PS include:
- High thermal properties with an HDT of 120°C
- Flame retardant rated UL94 V-0
- UV resistance making it suitable for outdoor applications, rated F1 per UL 746C
- Amorphous structure granting it very low, near isotropic shrinkage
- Excellent chemical resistance to most aqueous solutions, detergents, acids, and bases
- Excellent long-term hydrolytic stability making it very stable in boiling water
- Very low moisture absorption
- Stable dielectric constant and dissipation factor over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 290-320°C
- Bed Temp: 90-110°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep or 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, held up to 50-80°C if at all possible
- Supports: AquaTek™ Water Soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material is specially designed to work with complex part geometries
- Drying Instructions: 80°C for 4 hours
Send us a message and we'll reach out as soon as we can!