Firewire® Flame Retardant ABS 3D Printing Filament
Firewire® FR-ABS is made using a premium UL94 V-0 rated ABS. Flame Retardant ABS is ideal for applications that require UL94 V-0 self-extinguishing characteristics.
Gearbox HT2™ 3D Printer: Print industrial-grade parts using our FR ABS and more with the new Gearbox™ HT2 High-Temp 3D Printer.
Benefits of Firewire Flame Retardant ABS:
- Durable and sturdy parts with highly flame-retardant, self-extinguishing properties
- Easier to print than most industrial-grade materials
- Made using UL94 V-0 rated base resin
Flame Rating (UL94):
- 1.5mm: V-0
- 2.0mm: V-0, 5VB
- 2.5mm: V-0, 5VB
- 3.0mm: V-0, 5VB
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 220-240°C
- Bed Temp: 100-110°C
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive or 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, a chamber helps reduce warping and improves layer adhesion
- Supports: Water soluble AquaTek X1 USM works ideal for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 80°C for 4 hours.
Direct ventilation is required to print Firewire Flame Retardant ABS. This grade has a much more pronounced odor during printing and it is highly recommended to use in a well-ventilated area or with HEPA and carbon filtration systems available.