ThermaX™ PES (PESU) 3D Printing Filament
Polyether Sulfone (PES or PESU) is a high-temperature aromatic sulfone polymer that exhibits exceptional thermal, mechanical, and chemical resistance properties. PES is part of the PAES (Poly Aryl Ether Sulfone) family of polymers, which includes PSU, PES, and PPSU. ThermaX™ PES is an amorphous polymer and has excellent dimensional stability and creep resistance.
PES has higher temperature resistance and toughness than Ultem™ 1010, offering the ability to print parts with higher mechanical properties at elevated temperature.
Benefits of ThermaX™ PES (PESU):
- Very high thermal properties superior to Ultem™ 1010
- Glass Transition Temp of 228°C
- High Environmental Stress Crack Resistance (ESCR)
- Sterilization capable, including EtO gas, radiation, steam autoclaving, plasma, dry heat and cold sterilization
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Resists most common automotive fluids including gasoline, antifreeze, transmission fluids, motor oils, power steering fluid, windshield washer fluid (ESCR, 24 hrs, 100°C)
- Inherently flame retardant with low smoke evolution and low smoke toxicity
- Excellent dimensional stability with low creep sensitivity, low and uniform coefficient of thermal expansion, and highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions.
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 340-390°C
- Bed Temp: 140-160°C
- Bed Prep: Nano Polymer Adhesive and 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape work best for us.
- Heated Chamber: Recommended
- Supports: ThermaX™ HTS High-Temp Support is designed specifically to work with high-temp materials like this one.
- Other: No cooling fan and print speeds of 16 mm/s as a starting point.
- Drying Instructions: 120°C for 4 hours.
Send us a message and we'll reach out as soon as we can!