Firewire® PPS 3D Filament
PPS (Polyphenylene Sulfide) is a high-performance polymer that exhibits exceptional chemical resistance along with high thermal and mechanical properties. Widely known as one of the most chemically resistant thermoplastic materials available, PPS is insoluble in any known solvent under 200°C. PPS is used in some of the most demanding applications in Auto, Chemical Processing, Oil & Gas, and Electronics. It is inherently flame retardant and self extinguishing, making it an ideal material for electrical / electronics applications.
Product attributes include:
- Melting temperature (Tm) of 285°C
- Glass Transition Temperature (Tg) of 85°C
- Excellent chemical resistance - insoluble in ANY known solvent under 200°C
- Inherent flame resistance
- Long-term hydrolytic stability - very low moisture absorption
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Stable dielectric constant and dissipation factor over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
Color: Dark Grey
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: 315 - 345°C (all-metal extruder)
- Bed Temp: 120 - 160°C
- Chamber Temp: 60 - 90°C (if available on your printer)
- Bed Prep: Ultem™ Tape or Sheet, Glue Stick on Clean Glass
Annealing (post crystalizing) 3D Printed PPS Parts: Parts printed with PPS must be annealed after printing to ramp-up the crystallinity in the resin. This will maximize mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties. Full annealing generally requires 2-4 hours of heating at 130°C. The following process for annealing your Firewire® PPS parts will help assure ideal performance.
Step 1: Place printed parts in cool, room-temp oven. Supports may be left on the part if there is a risk of warping.
Step 2. Set temp to 80°C and allow to stabilize for 1 hour.
Step 3: Raise oven temperature to 130°C, and allow to stabilize 2-3 hours, longer depending upon the size/thickness of the part.
Step 4: Turn off oven heat and allow the printed part to cool to room temperature.
Firewire® is a registered trademark of 3DXTECH, it's owners, and affiliates.