ThermaX™ PSU 3D Printing Filament
Polysulfone (PSU) is a high-temperature aromatic sulfone polymer. PSU has excellent thermal and chemical resistance, making it well suited for demanding applications in automotive, aerospace, electronics, defense, food service, industrial, plumbing, medical, semi-con applications.
ThermaX™ PSU is an excellent alternative to ULTEM™ 9085:
- Superior thermal properties (higher Tg and HDT) allow for higher strength and stiffness at elevated temperatures
- Lower cost per kg and lower density (more filament per kg)
Attributes of Firewire® Polysulfone (PSU) include:
- Very high thermal properties with a Tg of 187°C and HDT of 172°C [Superior to ULTEM™ 9085]
- Excellent hydrolytic resistance
- High Environmental Stress Crack Resistance (ESCR)
- Highly resistant to gamma radiation
- Sterilization suitable - including EtO gas, radiation, steam autoclaving, plasma, dry heat and cold sterilization
- Resists most common automotive fluids, including gasoline, antifreeze, transmission fluid, motor oil, power steering fluid, windshield washer fluid
- Excellent dimensional stability (low creep sensitivity and low, uniform coefficient of thermal expansion) and highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Density: 1.24g/cm3
Recommended Print Conditions: (starting points)
- Extruder Temp: 350 - 380°C (all-metal extruder)
- Bed Temp: 140-160°C
- Bed Prep: Ultem® Tape, Polyimide Tape, Lightly sanded FR4 or Perf board.
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament, HERE.
PSU is sold by Solvay under the tradename Udel and by BASF under the tradename Ultrason S.