$88.00 – $228.00
CarbonX™ PC+CF is made using Sabic Lexan® Polycarbonate and reinforced with premium high-modulus carbon fiber. This material offers excellent thermal properties, strength & stiffness, superior dimensional stability, and an amazing surface finish.
CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polycarbonate (PC) Filament
CarbonX™ PC+CF is a high-performance carbon fiber reinforced polycarbonate filament. This material is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high heat, high stiffness, excellent surface quality, and dimensional stability. Polycarbonate has a Tg of 147°C and offers some of the highest thermal performance on the 3D market.
Print industrial-grade PC+CF parts with Gearbox™ HT2 High-Temp 3D Printer.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 280-310°C
- Bed Temp: 110-120°C
- Bed Prep: Nano Polymer Adhesive, Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive, or 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape give us the best results.
- Nozzle: We strongly recommend a 0.4mm orifice or larger using one of our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles.
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
- Support: Our water soluble Aquatek X1 Universal Support Material works great to create complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: Please see our drying instructions for when you want to dry out this filament.
Send us a message and we'll reach out as soon as we can!