Glass Fiber Obsidian opens a whole new world for Markforged users.
3DXTech Glass Fiber Obsidian is our newest material that opens a whole new world of options for Markforged machine users. After our launch of standard Carbon Fiber Obsidian as a drop-in replacement to Markforged Onyx™, many of you reached out to us about adding more color options that you could utilize of the Markforged machines. This led us to create a glass fiber option which allowed us to make more vibrant colors. A fortunate byproduct of the change from carbon fiber to glass fiber, besides color options, is a marked increase in mechanical and thermal properties.
3DXTech Glass Fiber Obsidian can be dropped into any Markforged printer and run under standard Onyx settings. No additional modifications or profile adjustments are needed to produce high quality, vibrantly colored, structural parts on your existing equipment. All of this comes to you at a cost savings on $60 per reel compared to standard Onyx™ pricing.
- 130% Tensile Strength Increase compared to Markforged Onyx™
- 91% Tensile Modulus Increase compared to Markforged Onyx™
- 80% Flexural Strength Increase compared to Markforged Onyx™
- 57% Flexural Modulus Increase compared to Markforged Onyx™
- 21% Heat Deflection Temperature Increase compared to Markforged Onyx™
- 9 More Colors than Carbon Fiber Onyx™
Order your Glass Fiber Obsidian reels today!