CarbonX™ CFR Carbon Fiber Reinforced High-Temperature PLA Filament
CarbonX™ CFR HT-PLA is an improved CF reinforced 3D printing filament made using high-temp resistant PLA and high-modulus carbon fiber (not carbon powder or milled carbon fiber). This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structrual component with high modulus, excellent surface quality, dimensional stability, light weight, and ease of printing. Made in the USA using premium Natureworks High-Temp PLA and high modulus carbon fiber.
NO heated bed required!
CarbonX™ CFR HT-PLA is suitable for use in practically any desktop 3D Printer. Please note - carbon fiber reinforced filaments are abrasive and can wear out a brass or aluminum nozzle. We recommend our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles - HERE
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 200-230°C.
- Bed Temp: 23 - 60°C (Heated bed NOT necessary)
- Bed Prep: 3DXTech Blue Painters Tape, PVA-based Glue, Hairspray
- Nozzle: We currently recommend minimum 0.4mm orifice.
- Need a hardened nozzle? Make sure to check out our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles - HERE. Our A2 hardened steel nozzles have 20X the wear resistance of brass!
- Place the printed part in an oven at 80°C for 30-60minutes. You may want to leave any supports on the part to help support it if you're concerned about deflection. The additional heat will further crystallize the PLA and increase the heat distortion temperature (HDT) to upwards of 120°C!