CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber PA12 is made using high-modulus carbon fiber and a specialty long-chain PA12 copolymer PA12 is widely used in a variety of industries due to its excellent chemical resistance, low moisture absorption, and wide processing window. Our formulation ensures very low shrinkage in the printed part resulting in excellent dimensional stability. This makes our CF-PA12 an excellent choice for tools, fixtures, and jigs.
Print Carbon Fiber PA12 parts with Gearbox™ HT2 High-Temp 3D Printer. Check it out HERE.
Product Attributes Include:
- High thermal properties: 150°C HDT
- Excellent strength and stiffness over a wide temperature range - up to 150°C
- Very low moisture absorption yielding improved retention of mechanical properties when exposed to humid environments
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- Low shrink / warp = excellent dimensional stability
- Low density is ideal for light-weight parts - 1.16g/cc
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder: 265-285°C, potentially higher depending on printer
- Bed Temp: 90-110°C [heated bed required]
- Bed Prep: Nano Polymer Adhesive [HERE]
- Hardened Nozzle: 0.4mm or larger. We strongly recommend our A2 Hardened Steel Nozzles - HERE
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
- Moisture & Filament Storage: PA12 absorbs less moisture than standard PA6-based materials (PA6, PA6/66, PA6/69), but it still absorbs moisture and must be dry before printing. Keep in sealed container between uses and dry at 90c for 4-6 hours if filament does become exposed to moisture and it becomes too wet to print.
Solvay Amodel PPA Dupont Zytel HTN DSM Stanyl PA46 EMS Grivory HT