Fibretuff® Biomedical Polymer
3D print anatomical bone models that offer realistic alternatives to expensive and difficult to obtain natural bone. FibreTuff® has excellent bone-like qualities, making it ideal for printing medical, dental, and veterinary bone models. Use for pre-surgical assessment, simulation, and training.
Fibretuff® is an outstanding alternative to cadaver bone and allows you to create your own 3D printed anatomical bone models including femurs, calcaneus, talus, metatarsal, skull cap, mandible, sacrum, and many more.
- Non-toxic, NAMSA Class 1, USP Class VI for Class II devices
- Create patient-specific bone models
- Excellent screw retention
- Realistic drilling, cutting, and sawing
- Create variable bone density simulations
- Radio opaque - visible to X-Ray and MRI imaging
We extrude this filament in-house using a patent-pending formulation from Fibretuff® Medical Biopolymers LLC. This filament is user friendly and doesn't require extensive drying like many other highly engineered resins. Fibretuff® can be 3D Printed at a very high resolution with extreme accuracy for natural "bone-like" appearance and texture. This unique composition has a flexible behavior with memory.
Please note - this product is not intended for implantation.
Filament diameter specs:
- 1.75mm +/- 0.05mm
- 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder Temp: 225-235°C
- Bed Temp: 80-100°C
- Bed Prep: Hairspray on clean glass, PEI Sheet, Buildtak, GekoTek
- Layer Height: 0.1mm to 0.2mm is ideal for optimal high resolution bone-like surface appearance
- Print Chamber: If equipped, print chamber temps of 70-80°C is helpful
- Print Speeds: 45-50mm/s to start
- Infill Density: 90-93%
- Cooling Fan: 50-100% the first few layers, then turn off
- Drying Instructions: Please see the following instructions for when you want to dry out this filament, HERE.